Sunday, August 28, 2016

flip flop quilt, "breeze" on leftovers quilt, ham/cheese roll-ups, Jim's victory party

I keep forgetting to put this statistic in the blog….so while I’m finally remembering, here it is:  I think I mentioned that my suitcase weighed 49 pounds on the way to Connecticut….well, on the way home it weighed TWELVE!!!  And that included 3 – 4 yards of fabric from BG (she’s hoping to hire Pat W to do a bag) and 1/2 of a suitcase full of batting  :~).

And, I just wanted to include this cute show and tell picture from Thursday quilting:  I love this little quilt...all of the straps on the flip flops are 3-D!



Anyway, Michael left before 7 AM for golf here at SCCL on Saturday (8/27) and after a quick trip to the grocery store, I headed to the studio to continue quilting.  Leila (from Connecticut) is letting me borrow her YELLOW BRICK ROAD pattern…which I understand is a really easy pattern.  So, while Miss Scarlett was handling the quilting, I was going through Ginny’s fabric once again to find 4 red fat quarters, 4 cream fat quarters and 4 blue fat quarters.  Well – it just goes to show you that easy for some is hard for others…I cut the first 4 fat quarters all wrong  :~(.  So, on the hunt for more fat quarters !  

I love the quilting I am doing on the leftovers quilt.  With the outside border looking like this:  

I thought my “breeze” stitch would be perfect:  



fleece back

I finished the quilt around 3 PM and headed upstairs to get ready for our party.  I made roll dough for eventual use in ham/cheese roll ups with that poppy seed sauce:  
making ham/cheese roll-ups, they were yummy!

I told my friend Jim that I would throw a victory party for him when he was elected to our HOA board….so that was Saturday night.  I got a list of people he wanted to invite and sent out invitations.  Unfortunately, most of the people were out of town…but we had a good time with the ones who came:  


Evelyn & Pat

Pat & Dan, Phil

Anne, Jim, Susan
And the food was good as well:  

yummy desserts!

deviled eggs, chicken bites, and the ham/cheese roll-ups

Not everyone got to join the party right away:




Everyone left by 9:30 and we both sat and read for a bit before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.