Thursday, March 7, 2013

yoghurt, Elsie & Cookie, mac & cheese, buns


I usually try to make Michael’s yoghurt so that it sets up over night.  So on Wednesday morning (3/6) he left for some medical tests (nothing serious, just getting some baseline results) and I finished off his yoghurt.  You know he is somewhat lactose intolerant…and we used to buy soy yoghurt…but the price kept going up and up, and the selection kept going down and down, and finally I said “I’m just going to learn to make it myself”….and I have and the method I use is easy.  But once it’s made, it has to be packaged conveniently, so that Michael can just ‘grab & go’.  So, I bought these small containers, and put some kind of fruit in the bottom (as you can see, that was blueberries this time) and then I put in 1/2 cup of yoghurt, and then I put a spoonful of homemade jam on top (for a little sweetness).  He gets to stir up fruit from the bottom and mix in jam, just like from the store J…he likes that.  And it saves me time ‘cause I do up 6 at once.  Anyway…here’s what they look like once finished:

 
I spent the afternoon in my studio…with a bit of company:


 






 

 

I was starting work on a sample tumbling blocks.  I need to make sure I know what I’m doing before I take all of my fabric to retreat and find out I can’t do the one project I brought  J.  Donna came over for a bit of help on her entrelac sweater and we had a really nice time visiting.  I headed upstairs when she left to get rolls going and to make dinner.  My friend Nance game me some mac & cheese awhile ago…and it had an interesting and very delicious flavor.  I asked her for the recipe, and finally (after several months I do believe) I made it for dinner…it was yummy (I made one pan for dinner and another to go in the freezer for later): 

 
And I managed to get a set of rolls done and baked after the mac & cheese, and then put together those poppy seed/ham/cheese buns to take to quilting on Thursday:



 

Then it was back to knitting and TV watching for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.