Friday, March 15, 2013

Michael & Daniel, entrelac sleeve


I snapped a pic of Michael and Daniel Thursday morning (3/14), since Daniel was leaving directly from his last day of golf to head for home:    

Sandy picked me up for quilting (Michael wanted the car to go and watch Daniel in the tournament) and we headed off.   I am NOT taking quilting stuff for awhile….I really want to put some concentrated effort into working on my entrelac sleeves, so that is what I am working on there and at home.  I think I started this sweater about a year ago and am no where near finished  L.  I think since it is for me, I keep setting it aside to do other knitting, but not anymore J.  I’m going to concentrate my efforts.  Especially because I have to make up the pattern for the shawl collar (something I don’t really know how to do, so I’m sure there will be a lot of ripping involved) and that will take awhile.  The goal is to have it ready to go by this coming October…and then I’m wearing it EVERYWHERE  J.  Anyway, there were LOTS of people at quilting, and I think everyone enjoyed the cake (can you say sugar overlaod!?!??!)  Once home, I continued to knit on my sleeves, had a short visit with Susan (our neighbor) and warmed up some soup for Michael before he left for rehearsal.

I continued to work on sleeves and by bedtime had this:

 When I originally started to work on my sleeves, I was doing them on straight needles.  Then I looked at them and said to myself ‘what are you going to use to sew up the underarm seam…the color changes every inch’?  I decided I would teach myself to do entrelac in the round…and that’s what I’m doing…I figured it out and this way I will have no seams to sew up at the end…WHOO HOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.