Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Michael got rained out of golf again on Monday (3/25), so he visited another golf store instead and ran a few other errands.  I got black beans cooking in the crockpot (since I hope to make Mexican Chicken Soup this week and am out) and did paperwork for the rest of the morning. 

Well over 2 years ago, my friend Paula gave me a bolt of light weight denim fabric.  Her brother has something to do with fabric and it was an end of the bolt kind of thing.  I’ve made several items out of it over the years, but still have a lot left.  At the volunteer meeting last week, we had a speaker from HOPE, which is the local food bank.  She asked us to donate our extra plastic bags, because they always need bags to give away the food.  She also said if we have any extra tote bags we are not using, they would love to have those as well.  I decided to use the denim to sew up some tote bags.  That’s what I worked on the rest of the day until dinner time.  We had spicy vegetable soup for dinner, then headed off to rehearsal.  We got home at 10:30, and I got the cooked beans bagged up and into the freezer and hopped into bed just after 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.