Monday, March 18, 2013

St Pat's fabric postcards, cookies, pizza


HAPPY ST PAT’s DAY!!!!  I can finally post this picture:
 

I made around 20 St Pat’s fabric postcards, gave some to Jan to mail, and mailed the rest to some new people.  I think they have all been delivered by now…they were very fun to do.  I made whole wheat waffles for breakfast on Sunday (3/17), then headed to my studio.  I got 2 more table top ironing boards covered, and got all of the yarn wound for the rest of my entrelac sweater.  That gave my hands a bit of a rest, then I went back to knitting on my sleeve.

I stopped around 4 and headed upstairs.  When Sally and Jimmy came for lunch, I made rolls to go with the quiche.  My regular roll recipe makes 18 – 20 rolls, but I didn’t think 4 people needed that many, so I only made 1/2 and sent the leftovers home with S&J.  The rest of the dough I just stuck in the fridge.  I took it out at 3 PM to warm up a little and at 4 I rolled it out and let it rise for an hour.  During that time I baked up several dozen chocolate chip cookies for Michael’s cookie jar, and for him to take to rehearsal Sunday night:

 
By then it was time to top the pizza….just sauce that I froze last year made with fresh tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, garlic and some spices, and mozzarella and cheddar cheese.  Before baking:
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and after:



 

My honey pronounced it YUMMY…as he ran out the door to rehearsal.  I stayed home and worked on (what else) my sleeve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.