Saturday, March 9, 2013


I left the house on Friday morning (3/8) at 7 AM and didn’t get home until 1 PM.  First up was platelet donation…that took 2-1/2 hours…..it wouldn’t be so bad, but you have needles in both arms and aren’t allowed to move them….BOOOOR-ING!!!!   I told them if they hooked the needles up to my legs, I would come WAY more often because I could knit while it was happening!  Anyway, I stopped at Joanne’s afterwards (some baby yarn, a couple of zippers and some fat quarters)…then stopped at Donato’s for pizza (they stopped serving Stromboli  L), then Aldi’s for oatmeal, the post office for stamps, and finally home.  I spent the afternoon in the studio, trying out a new pattern for a baby blanket and after burgers on the grill for dinner (yum!) Michael and I headed into Charlotte for THE WHIPPING MAN at Actor’s Theatre.  It is about a deserter from the confederate army, coming home at the end of the war, and 2 of his ‘house’ slaves have made it back to the homestead as well.  Excellent acting and a terrific story….what more could you ask?  The only bad thing was it was another late night, with us getting to bed around mid-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.