Wednesday, March 20, 2013


I was late getting to Nancy’s on Tuesday (3/19) due to an over long chiro appointment, but what a THRILL when I finally got there… Nancy was spinning!!!  I think I could have sat and watched her for hours.  She had a new roving with blue/green/yellow/pink/white and maybe a few others colors I’m not remembering.  She made it look effortless, and very interesting.  But I only had to talk to her for a few minutes to re-affirm that spinning is not for me!  She has a wealth of knowledge about it and experience with it that certainly convinced me that I do not need to spend time learning yet another skill….I still need to work on my current skills to make them better (can you say weaving  J)?  Still, it was fascinating to watch someone take a colored mass of what looked like a giant cotton ball (it was wool) and make it into yarn that could be knit with.  All the while talking and laughing!  As always, it was a great visit and noon time came much too quickly.  I headed home and got a bit of knitting done before our vet appointment with Cookie at 3 PM.  This was just her yearly check up and 3 year rabies and distemper and parvo shots and she came through with flying colors.  Michael and I came home, watched a bit of TV, had a quick dinner and headed to rehearsal.  We were home by 10:30 and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.