Friday, March 29, 2013


I left the house at 9 AM Thursday morning (3/28) and didn’t get home until 3 L.  I was at quilting until NOON, got the rest of the denim cut and I can make 6 more totes for the HOPE food bank, then I just knit for a bit.  There was a class going on for felted wool projects….I LOVE how they look….but number 1 – they are that 4 letter word….HAND work…and number 2 – I do NOT need another hobby right now J.  I left quilting, made a quick stop at the chiropractor’s (where he found every single sore spot on my body!) and then headed to Joann’s.  I was looking for more canvas fabric that I hope to use as part of our cast gifts for Becky’s New Car, and flannel for table runner innards, and some gifts for the retreat we are having April 18th at Scrap Happy Quilters (the Thursday group).  I was also hoping to score fabric to make up a dressy top for one scene in the play…..but was totally unsuccessful with that L.  I was exhausted when I got home and after unpacking and putting away everything…it was time to think about dinner.  Michael and I decided that since we didn’t have rehearsal, it was time to celebrate…and you know what that means…..CHAMPAGNE AND PUFFY THINGS!!!!  So, we popped the champagne and started with scallop stuffed scallop shells, then Michael had coconut shrimp and I had a bit of cheese and crackers, then we moved on to these mushroom turnovers in phyllo dough that I made awhile ago.  Everything was yummy, and we settled in after that to knit and watch TV…it was a LOVELY evening….we watched 3 or 4 of ‘our’ shows (AS TIME GOES BY) and then a QUANTUM LEAP before toddling off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.