Saturday, March 30, 2013

spice cookies, bag #2 for HOPE

Michael made me another smurfy breakfast on Friday (3/29) before taking Cookie on a walk.  I mixed up and baked, bagged and labeled over a 100 spice cookies. 






I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that the 19 year old son of a theatre friend had died.  He committed suicide, and his parents are having a benefit concert Saturday night to raise money to be donated to a teenage suicide prevention location.  We can’t attend the concert, but volunteered to bake cookies for them to sell there.  By the time Michael got back from his walk, the cookies were all done and he took off to deliver them. 

I finally got to my studio at 12:30 to begin planning out our route for retreat (we’ll start driving next Wednesday!!!)  I think we’re only going to hit 2 quilt shops on the way, because then there are 2 more we will all go to once we are at the retreat.  I also spent an hour on the ‘mess that is my desk’ and still feel like I really didn’t make much of a dent in the pile of papers, but that was all I could stand….I wanted to do something fun!  So, it was back to the bags for our local food bank.  I totally finished another (I know….same design….I’ll change that on the next ones  J): 

 

and have a bunch more in process.  I worked all afternoon and evening (Michael had a movie he wanted to watch) but we did take a break for a driveway party over at Susan’s.  It was our first of the year and although it started out fine at 4:30…by 5:30 the wind was kicking up and the clouds had moved in….is spring ever going to come to South Carolina?????  Anyway, I got a lot more done on the remaining bags and I came upstairs after the movie to snuggle with my honey a bit before going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Cookies look yummie. Would you mind sending me the recipe when you have time? Thanks! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.