Friday, March 22, 2013

coffee cake, quilting stuff, Michael's new zipper

On Wednesday (3/20) Michael left at the ridiculously early hour of 5:30 AM (truly o’dark hundred territory) to go golfing.  I’m tellin’ ya, these guys are CRAZY  J.  Anyway, I lazed in bed another hour or so, then jumped up because I had a lot to get done.  I had 2 terrific phone calls, the first from Ginny where I gushed over the latest goodie bag she sent me.  Y’all should have a friend like Ginny…you get delicious and fun things in the mail.  This time it was a hysterical magnet, with the image of a cartoon woman and the saying ‘I laughed so hard the tears ran down my leg’!  Now any of us over the age of 40 should ROAR at that one!  Next were a TON of note cards, personalized JUST for me, with a beautiful quilt on the front.  I will have to send each and every one of you a note, so that you can be pea green with envy over these beauties J.  I also got packets and packets of spices for Indian cooking.  I think I mentioned awhile ago that Ginny had gotten into it and she sent me some recipes, along with the spice packets to see if I like it.  I have really good friends who send me delightful things!  Then I got a call from Janice and we both screamed and laughed over the fact that we will see each other in just 2 short weeks…at RETREAT!!!!!  The 5th Annual FIBER FLOOZIES Retreat…this time in beautiful western PA.  After those wonderful calls, I turned to the onerous task of starting to pull our tax information together  L.  I worked on that for several hours, stopping to stay with my washing machine repairman L.  Yep, our MAYTAG washer that is not even 18 months old went kaput!  It wouldn’t spin the water out of the clothes….almost $300 later, the repairman has fixed the digital part that regulates the spinning.  DON”T BUY A MAYTAG.  I plan to write them a letter (for all of the good it will do), but I can’t believe this piece of junk lasted less than 18 months.  Anyway, by then it was time for a quick dinner and rehearsal again…we are rehearsing from 7 – 10, generally 4, but sometimes 5 times per week. 

Thursday morning (3/21) I got a ginger/pear coffe cake baked (in the new casserole dish in my SHADOW IRIS pattern BG scored for me on EBAY!!!!)

 
to take to quilting before Jan picked me (and all of my stuff….here’s just some of it) up at 9:20. 

basket with knitting and secretary folder, 2 table top ironing boards I am donating to quilting, and egg cartons for friends with chickens!  All this plus the coffee cake, and my tea

I worked on the ribbing of my entrelac sweater the entire time I was there.  I got home in time to grab a package of crackers (for lunch) and headed up to get a manicure.  I need my nails to look nice for the play….so this way I’ll have 3 manicures by opening night.  When I got home I spent the afternoon putting a zipper into one of Michael’s sweatshirts.  We both have these sweatshirts that we love, but they are ‘over the head types’ and we really wanted ‘zip up the front types’.  I finally both 2 separating zippers and managed to get his done Thursday afternoon:
 
 
After that, it was a quick dinner and off to rehearsal.  We were home by 10:30, and collapsed into bed shortly afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.