Monday, March 4, 2013

Elsie


Saturday morning (3/2) we drove into the center of Fort Mill to attend the funeral service for the 19 year old son of a theatre friend.  It was so incredibly sad….all 8 of the young men who were pall bearers got up and spoke about their relationship with Keeghan…he must have been a very special person indeed.  We were a little nervous about attending, because as we drove to the church, we were practically driving through a blizzard!!  Luckily by the time we came out, it was just slush and we got home safely.  We spent time in the afternoon working on some things around the house, and when Michael went upstairs to get ready for dinner….he had some company: 


come on dad, I'm smarter than the dog...I can learn to use this thing...give me a chance!
 
At 6 PM we left for dinner at Susan’s.  Joe was there, along with Phil and Evelyn and we had a great dinner of pot roast and salad, and then played Mexican Train Dominos for several hours…a very pleasant evening after the sadness of the morning.

I made buckwheat pancakes for breakfast on Sunday (3/3) while Michael fried up a potato, then I headed to the studio (where I’m concentrating on knitting for the moment) and Michael did a lot of beginning of the month chores and then headed to the range at the golf club for a bit of practice.  I got Mexican Chicken Soup in the crockpot and made 2 loaves of corn bread for 5 PM when Anne & Bryce and Joanne & Larry came for dinner.  That’s the first time I’ve made that soup this winter, and I’m glad I got it in before spring arrives….I LOVE that soup!  Everyone seemed to enjoy it, along with peanut butter cookies for dessert.  Joanne & Larry left early, since they are getting ready to leave on a week long trip, while Anne & Bryce stayed for a bit of socializing.  After that Michael and I both watched TV and I got a bit of knitting done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.