Friday, March 1, 2013

mystery blocks at Scrap Happy Quilters

As I mentioned, I got up Thursday morning (2/28) and baked the Cinnamon Moons…Michael took 4 to share with golfing buddies…I took rest to quilting…and they were gone!  I taught a mystery project at quilting on Thursday…it was something that BG and I saw on a YOUTUBE video a year and a half ago…we were so intrigued that even though she was leaving for the airport in just a few hours, we whipped out my scraps and put it together.  I took pictures along the way and wrote up quick instructions.  Then it got put away in a box in the sewing closet.  I came across it in January and decided to teach that instead of an Easter thing I was planning on doing.  I think everyone had a good time and enjoyed the blocks they made (even though we traded strips with each other, and they didn’t really go together, somehow the blocks come out nicely!)  Here are just a few:

Joyce, Robin, Denise, and just a hint of Floy

BEcky, Mary B and Faye

Patsy (mother of my friend Barrie)

Faye & Lady Margaret holding finished blocks

Becky (posing 'cause I said I wanted to send to CT people)

Sandy (who also lives at SCCL) and a tiny snippet of Jan

Joyce holding finished blocks

June holding finished blocks



Jan and I headed to Hobby Lobby afterwards…there was a special yarn on sale that she wanted…unfortunately they didn’t have her color L.  I scored some good things off of the notions wall (I am buying the door prizes for our one day quilting retreat on April 18).  We had fish sandwiches at SHOWMAR’s (yum!) and then swung by STAPLES to pick up my 2 newly bound quilting books before heading for home.  We didn’t get home until 3 and I ran around like a crazy person until Michael came home around 4.  WE both had a late lunch, so we worked on separate projects until around 7, when we had leftover pizza and watched a couple of shows before bed.
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.