Tuesday, March 5, 2013

new ironing board, Elsie/charity hat


I cannot believe Michael left for golfing on Monday (3/4)…it was still in the 20’s when he left!  I headed down to the studio, did some repairs on his jeans and worked a bit on a new table top ironing board.  My friend Joanne’s hubby works with wood a lot, and I gave him some specifications and (in about 1/2 an hour I swear) he did a beautiful table top ironing board for me.  Joanne even delivered some Teflon fabric, so it was ready to be covered.  I stapled the fabric over a bit of padding (also from hubby Larry) and viola : 

 

It is exactly what I wanted...I hope to have 2 to bring to retreat, and another 2 to donate to Thursday quilting group.  I knit the rest of the day until 3 PM when I headed up to the Lake House for another cooking class that included Buffalo Chicken Bites, Apple Enchiladas, Rosemary Raisin Cookies, Tomato Basil Squares, and Lemon Tarts….everything was wonderful!  I hit the grocery store with Jan after the cooking demo and was home by 4:30 to work on more knitting.  I’ve had to suspend working on my entrelac sweater until I get some new needles, which can’t even be ordered until Wednesday at the earliest L.  I did finish another charity hat…and got a new model as well:

 
I spent the evening knitting and watching TV.

1 comment:

  1. Elsie doesn't look too thrilled with her modeling career.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.