Friday, March 29, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell


Michael packed my car on Thursday (3/28) before heading out for golf.  I got a few more strips cut and packed my lunch and headed out after 9 AM to pick up Paula and head to quilting.  I was very pleased with what I got sewn while I was there, and as usual, we had wonderful Show & Tell: 

isn't his incredible?  I would like to do this pillow




This is Paula's quilt...isn't it gorgeous??




made for Dolly's parent's anniversay, about 10 years ago


LOVE this quilt from Mary Anne, note the kitty peeking in from the left...





including both auction quilts:  




I can't wait to call these ladies to come and pick up their quilts!  

Paula came down to our house after quilting and we booked our mammogram appointments together, and then talked and talked.  Joanne stopped by to see our bluebird house, and joined in the conversation.  The weather was so beautiful that after that Michael and I sat out on the lanair and read our books and talked for quite awhile.  We made a quick trip after that to deliver some batting to Pod "V"  (getting it off of the pool table and with the 2 quilts done my list is betting better):

-borders on QoV – done!
-borders on QoV – done!
-borders on QoV
-binding on retreat purple/teal
-finish zig zag – done!
-list elliptical for sale
-clean off pool table
-eliminate sofa table with safe
-auction quilt 2 – done!
-auction quilt 3 – done!

and eventually I had leftover Shepard’s Pie for dinner (Michael and his golfing buddies stopped for a big lunch and he wasn’t interested in dinner) then settled in with knitting to watch TV.

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed over time that a number of your quilting folks make patriotic table runners. What do they do with them? For instance have they all made them with a plan to use them themselves, or give them as a gift, or are they sitting around their house being unused because it was just a project that they wanted to do with a plan with what to do with it later?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.