Sunday, March 24, 2019

Michael's breakfast omelet, basting Sandy's quilt, Janice's plants


My honey was up and out early Saturday (3/23) for golfing here at SCCL, but not before making himself a perfect omelet:  

please don't ask why this is blurry...I have NO idea!!

I got up a bit later and did a bit of clean-up in the kitchen before heading downstairs.  I spent a lot of time on the computer before making binding and starting to apply it to the last auction QoV:  

I missed having a wall and my thread rack on retreat....no place to hang my borders as I put them on!

I wasn’t done before leaving after 2:00 PM to head on over to Kristen’s to load up Sandy D’s quilt.  We (well, I really should way she) got it all loaded and basted: 



and we had a wonderful time just talking and getting to know each other a bit better:



before I headed home, picking up ARBY’s fish sandwiches on the way at
7 PM.  

Watching TV and knitting completed the rest of the night.  

I did call Sandy in the evening.  I really didn’t like the pattern she picked out for her quilt.  The quilt is beautiful and (as usual for Sandy’s quilts) filled with thousands of 1 inch (or smaller) squares.  I really felt the pattern would not add anything to the quilt, and would probably actually distract from it.  Luckily Sandy agreed and then she mentioned the EXACT other pattern I was thinking of doing….so I felt 100% better about doing it.

Janice - your front porch plants (at least 2 of them) are starting to bloom.  They get light, but no direct sun....should I move them?

ok...I can hear you all now....I'm a TERRIBLE photographer!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for plant sitting!! For blog readers, Deb is kindly caring for some of the plants I am hoping to move from CT to NC. The plants do like a little bit of sun, but I am not sure how much "Southern" sun, so maybe keep them in a bright but not necessarily sunny spot. I will hopefully be down soon to take care of them myself!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.