Thursday, March 28, 2019

blueberry bread, corraling QoV scraps


Michael has had a little bit of a scratchy throat for several days, so I wanted him to sleep in on Wednesday (3/27).  I took Cookie out and closed the bedroom doors once she snuggled in with him, unfortunately I laid down on the couch in the living room and fell back asleep until 8:30 myself!  By then it was too late to get the blueberry bread in the oven before SKYPE-ing with Janice, so I just ran through a few emails before signing on.  We had a wonderful visit and after signing off at 10:30 I headed upstairs.  I got the blueberry quick bread put together and in the oven while Michael made me breakfast: 


and eventually I made it back downstairs to post my blog with 8 minutes to spare!  I have to post before NOON in order to have it picked up and sent out as an email that day.  

The blueberry bread (from Sally's Baking Addiction) was done before 1 PM, so we both had ‘second breakfast’ 



before Michael headed out to the driving range and I headed back to my studio.  

I have completed somewhere around 34 Quilts of Valor, with no clear plan of what to do with the scraps.  I’ve just been tossing them into this canvas bin: 


I got from Ginny A.  I finally decided what to do with them and spent the entire day making a start on ironing and cutting them into appropriate lengths:  




These will become my Thursday project for the moment, since I have yet to settle on anything else!  The best thing about my plan is that they can be sewn on any machine and the seam size will not affect the finished product.  Michael made ravioli’s with meatballs for dinner and I headed out at 6 PM for Kristin’s house.  It took 3 tries to get the tension right on Sandy’s quilt, but by the time I left at 9 PM, we had 3 rows done.  I was beat when I got home and just vegged until bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.