Saturday, March 23, 2019

2 new friends at Local Dish, Martha & harry, Ann Mary & Jim


I spent part of the morning on Friday (3/22) cleaning up cat throw-up (why do they have to throw up on the stairs and why do they always manage to hit 3 – 4 stairs??) and of course they had to check out what was going on: 




and the rest of it continuing to clean and re-organize my sewing room.  

I left just before 11 AM for lunch at LOCAL DISH in Fort Mill.  I met 2 new long arm ladies for the first time in person.  We first started ‘talking’ on Facebook.  OMgoodness….WHAT a fabulous lunch!!!!!  We got there when they opened the restaurant at 11:30 and we finally closed it down with them at 2:30....we just didn't want to leave!

I ordered the green beans for an appetizer for all of us: 


and then had a chicken sandwich:  


Three hours of talking and talking and talking…it was heaven.  And, the restaurant even had a quilt hanging as decoration:



As one of the ladies pointed out, we are all 3 very different long armers.  

Linda (from Rock Hill):  


is a custom quilter….she showed us some samples of quilts on her phone…..INCREDIBLE!!!!  

Linda (from Waxhaw):


is strictly charity quilting…..supplying all of the kidney dialysis centers with quilts (and many other places as well).  She showed us many, many pictures of her beautiful quilts…..she makes TONS!  I do a mix of charity and customer.   They are both free motion quilters, and I use a computer to do my quilting.  We’ve decided to try to get together on a regular basis…we all want to visit each other’s houses to see how we do things, so our next get together is May 2 at my house.  I should have my new machine by then.  

I made a quick stop at the liquor store and ALDI’s before finally getting home around 3:30, to see 2 of my furry babies enjoying the lanair:  


I got dough started for dinner rolls and got out our Shepard’s Pie to come to room temperature.  

Martha & Harry: 


and Ann Mary & Jim: 


arrived at 6 PM with a salad and dessert.  Everyone enjoyed dinner:



although I was shocked that not even 1/2 of the Shepard’s Pie got eaten…it really was very filling.  

We never did end up playing games…we just sat around and talked for the rest of the evening.  Ann Mary had brought a rhubarb crumble with vanilla ice cream for dessert that was absolutely heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.