Tuesday, March 19, 2019

MESIG Show & Tell


My honey was up early on Monday (3/18) for golf at Chester, and I hopped up a bit later, anxious to try out the new binding technique.  I sewed VERY slowly as I was doing stitch in the ditch on the front while trying to 'catch' the binding on the back and I had several areas where I did not manage to catch the back as I was supposed to.  I contacted a friend of mine to see if she could hand-stitch the problem areas, but after talking with BG I realize I need to rip the entire thing out  :~(.  It is going to be horrible as the stitches are very small, but I HATE how the binding came out and I cannot possibly give the quilt to someone in that condition.  

Anne stopped by to drop off some samples from Sweet and Savory and I headed out at 1 PM for Machine Embroidery.  As you look at all of these Show & Tell pictures, I want you to remember that there were only 14 people at this meeting:  

Pat with a wine bottle bag

a gift from Cheryle's daughter for her sewing room

cocktail napkins from June

burp cloths









this chenilled pot holder looked really cool







a book pillow to raise $$ for the shelter



glasses cases from Joyce

Joyce's granddaughter LOVES sloths






I was home just before 4 PM after a few errands along the way and my honey got home within minutes after that. Neither one of us had had lunch, so we ate our leftover pizza right then, and I started to rip out my quilt binding.  Kristine (new Miss Scarlett owner) called with a small problem and after trying unsuccessfully to fix it over the phone, I took a trip to her house (she only lives 10 minutes away).  It was an easy diagnosis and after getting her back on track and making sure Miss Scarlett was stitching out correctly, I headed back home an hour later.  Kristin zipped me an email…she finished her first quilt by 9:30….YAY!!!  She’s owned Miss Scarlett for 2 days and has already finished her first quilt!  

I spent the rest of the evening listening to TV and ripping out binding…I’m about 40% of the way done.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there colleagues, nice article and nice urging commented
    here, I am truly enjoying by these.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.