Saturday, March 2, 2019

Day 5 in Connecticut


Saturday (3/2) was another wonderful day….BG continued to work on the zig zag quilt, while I continued with snowball-ing….I put a couple up on the wall so that you could get a small idea of the final quilt:  


We spent the afternoon making a new recipe...'stuffed buns' for dinner…..they were incredible:  

another excellent King Arthur Flour recipe - but next time we will double the filling!
and Bertha (BG’s mom) came over in the afternoon to visit and stay for dinner.  

I definitely want to be Bertha when I grow up....at 85 she is incredible!!

We sat at the table and talked and talked until 8 PM when Steven left to take Bertha home.  It has been a wonderful visit and though I am sad to leave, I am excited to get back home.

1 comment:

  1. The stuffed buns look delicious ! Love the photo of you and Bertha !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.