Monday, March 25, 2019

bread, Lucy, 3rd auction quilt totally done


Michael headed to the grocery store first thing Sunday morning (3/24) while I got dough put together for sandwich bread baking:  


He brought home bagels and we had breakfast together, then he baked the bread: 




and ran 1/2 a loaf over to Ginny & Ken, while I headed downstairs to get back to my binding.  

I worked on it for a bit, with pauses to continue the clean-up of the sewing room.  I finished adding it to the wrong side of the quilt, put my borrowed walking foot on my embroidery machine and started to apply it to the right side.  

Michael and I spent a good bit of time out on the lanair in the afternoon as the weather was gorgeous.  Anne stopped by for a bit and spent time out there as well, getting good photos of one of my babies checking out the birds:  




We had leftover Shepard’s Pie for dinner and finally around 8:30 the binding was complete….YAY!!!  



I’m sure some of the quilters I know who put on binding by hand would have been done much quicker….but I am very glad to have this third auction quilt done.  I’ll stitch down the label: 


today and it will be totally finished.  On Thursday I’m sure Jerri will have finished hand stitching down the binding from the second quilt and I will be VERY glad to call the 2 ladies who ordered these quilts to come and pick them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.