Friday, March 8, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell


I hopped up at 6:30 AM on Thursday (3/7) to get my Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake ready for lunch at quilting.  I made 1-1/2 times the recipe so that I could make up a casserole for my neighbors, then it was off to quilting after my honey packed up the car.  

We had wonderful show and tell: 

Loree has been working on this dogwood themed quilt for years

it was spectacular

Susie - getting into the swing of things with machine piecing instead of hand piecing

June with one of her one block wonders

and what you can do with the leftovers

Marge

Marge again...I love this attic window

Mary Ann's flamingo is a hoot!

I've gotta save this picture so that I can make it

Sue with some French braiding

Sandra's bag was much prettier than this picture shows

and I love this backing on one of the quilts

I finished up all 24 blocks of my newest QoV pattern...and I'm trying to decide if I like it, and which layout I like...do you have an opinion?




And of course, the food was exceptional:  

this was my casserole...I forgot to take food pics until we were 1/2 way done  :~(







I was stuffed when I came home at 2 PM.  I picked up my book and headed out to the lanair, to be joined shortly by all of the furry babies AND my honey, home from a good day on the golf course.  The weather was perfect, and it would have been a terrific afternoon, but for the bush hog/bush wacker chewing up something all afternoon  :~(.  

We had ARBY’s fish sandwiches for dinner (definitely the best, but very messy) and I headed downstairs after that to finish the last 2 rows I will ever quilt on Miss Scarlett:  

BG - 3rd thing crossed off of list

I headed upstairs at 8 PM to snuggle with my honey.

4 comments:

  1. I vote for pic 2 of the valor quilt!
    AM143

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would vote for the second picture with the stripe blocks angled both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second layout better...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put in Friday's blog. Thought I better put my say into the correct blog. I like the second layout of your QOV'S.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.