Saturday, March 16, 2019

2019 QUAP Retreat


QUAP 2019 – (Remember, QUAP stands for quiltaholics, and Pat)

If you don’t have a hobby you are passionate about, you can’t possibly understand how wonderful it feels to spend 6 days with other creative people doing what you love.  Nancy, Abby and Andi arrived from Chicago:

Nancy

Abby

Andi (Pat's daughter)

Arizona Mary and friend Jan arrived from (obviously) Arizona:

Mary

Jan

and Pat and I came from South Carolina.  



We brought plenty of booze: 

Cougartini's being served


and plenty of snacks: 





wonderful gifts: 


thank you BG!!


and most of all, plenty of projects:  

embroideries for Pat's guest bathroom

a quilt of valor from me




another patriotic, but this time from Arizona Mary

log cabin from our newest member Jan











I LOVE these spools from Mary






another QoV from me

Abby







Pat got another row done on her medallion quilt

isn't it STUNNING!

another QoV from me

Floating Islands from Nancy




Pat will donate these flags to raise $$ for the local shelter


Jan starts her first QoV for her cousin



Andi completed this for her daughter

I LOVE these hydrangeas from Abby


an applique from Mary



more embroidery from Pat

pretty good without a pattern right?  This is the beginning of a wall hanging from Andi

Pat's tree skirt







another QoV from me

We even had a cultural outing this time…




Arizona Mary arranged for us to visit the GRAND OLE OPRY (a first for many of us), for the 20th anniversary of Trisha Yearwood’s induction:  


And we even got a 2-for-1 deal, as her hubby Garth Brooks made a surprise visit:  


And I can't leave out Arizona Mary's personal favorite....Trace Adkins:


I am so fortunate to have a hobby I care deeply about, and many friends who share that feeling.  It was a wonderful week.

3 comments:

  1. Wowie, Wow, Wow. Beautiful, beautiful work. Too stunning for words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun at your quilting retreat! Can't wait for our cooking retreat! Loved your QoV. Don't know why I like it more than some of the others that I liked, but I do. Might be my favorite.

    Inez

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking at what to bring to my April retreat and I must say that patriotic four patch frenzy is a great idea! Love seeing all the great projects that were done!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.