Friday, March 22, 2019

SHQ SHow & Tell, Zig Zag top finished, Kristen's second quilt


Paula picked me up just after 9 AM for quilting on Thursday (3/21).  I didn’t have time to cut fabric for a Thursday project, so I took my zig zag quilt, hoping to get it all sewn together and one of my QoV’s which needed borders.  I was very pleased that I got both of those done:  



We had a good group with some great Show & Tell: 

this is one of the quilts Sandy gave me

and this is the other...look at those TINY pieces!!

June

I LOVE this from Jerri and want to do as a QoV

Aanother from Jerri

BJ's snail's trails

another Loree quilt in florals from Robin

this is the class Cheryle will be teaching next month

and I picked up 2 quilts from Sandy that need to be quilted.  I'm going to get together with Kristin to get them done.  

When I got home I read for a bit, then my honey came home and we both took a nap!  I had been up since 3 AM (don’t ask me why) and was very tired.  After that I asked him to take pictures of some of our flowers outside.  The deep purple every blooming iris from Loree is showing its first bloom:




I wanted to put together our dinner for Friday since we’re having company and I will be busy during the day, so my honey helped me to put together a Shepard’s Pie.  





It took both of us over 1-1/2 hours to get it all pulled together (and lots of dishes!)….so not a quick and easy recipe by any means!!!  After that we watched TV for the rest of the evening and I knit on a small project.

Kristin has finished her SECOND (!!!!!!) quilt on Miss Scarlett (remember, she’s only had the longarm since Sunday!!!)  






Isn’t it beautiful?  She is so happy and so am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.