Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Fiber Nutz weaving pine needle baskets

So, on the way home from my trip to Connecticut in February, I made a list of things I needed to get done in the 5 days I was home before taking off for retreat with Pat.  I was writing to BG and in the blog about finishing 1 or 2, but BG asked what the full list was.  I got everything done in those 5 days but my taxes…and I really didn’t expect to get them done…just listed them as a reminder that I needed to get my b_tt in gear!  Anyway, here’s the list:
1 – make reservations for the next FMCP and ATC shows – DONE!
2 – finish quilting the 2 QoV quilts I owe to the ‘auction’ people – DONE!
3 – baby quilt, label and bind and gift (Michael bought the baby gift bag for me) – DONE!
4 – pull together my food and projects for QUAP – DONE!
5 – pull together, wrap and send all presents for AJ’s birthday – I pulled all of the presents together, my honey wrapped everything and packed it and took it to the post office – DONE!
6 – make my hand cream, fill all empty containers and deliver to customers – Michael did the deliveries – DONE!
So, I was really happy with what I got done in those 5 days, including a 1/2 day with the weaving group and a 1/2 day breakfast with the gals.

*************************


I spent the entire morning on Tuesday (3/19) cleaning my desk, which is always the first step to doing our taxes.  There is an additional reason this is happening….Michael and I need to re-arrange the basement a bit to fit in my new long arm, which will be both longer AND deeper than Miss Scarlett.  I was not finished by the time I left at 1 PM for a meeting with the weaving group.  

Rosalie was teaching us how to do pine needle baskets and while I have no desire to make one right at this moment, I did want to see the basket weaving technique, so I went.  

(l to r) Marilyn, Rosalie (standing) Susan, Pam, Kathy


all though it looks like lots of supplies, it is just raffia and pine needles

some finished baskets

Susan & Pam

Rosalie

Rosalie & Pam


Marilyn


the bottom is building for Marilyn & Susan
I had to leave at 3 PM to go to my regular weekly meeting of the Chartered Club Manual group and didn’t get home until 5 PM.  My honey was just leaving for the movies with Larry, so I had some leftover sausage soup for dinner before settling in to ripping out the binding.  Three hours later my honey was home to give me a neck/back rub, both of which were hurting like crazy as I had been bent over my quilt for all of that time.  The good news is that I believe I can finish the ripping on Wednesday night and a friend from SHQ is willing to hand stitch it down after that….YAY!

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed!

    Very helpful information particularly the last part
    :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this particular info for a long time.
    Thank you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone necessarily help to make severely articles I'd state.
    That is the very first time I frequented your web page and so far?
    I amazed with the research you made to make this particular put up extraordinary.
    Great task!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an Amazing woman - who has a great hubby!!

    MIchael Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece of writing is truly a good one it helps new net viewers, who are
    wishing in favor of blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.