Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Larry & Peggy, borders on new QoV


Michael made gas housers for breakfast Tuesday morning (3/26) while I skipped breakfast as I was still full from Martini night deep dish pizzas the night before!  I just had time to get a bit of paperwork done before it was time to leave for a ‘celebration of life’ for one of our neighbors, Larry.  Larry built most of the frames for the quilt tops I stretched in our kitchen and living room, and he and Peggy have been to our house several times for dinner over the years:  

Larry & Peggy

It was a beautiful service and one of his sons and one of his grandsons spoke.  

We stopped at Dairy Queen for a lunch of BLIZZARDS on the way home, and I had 2 hours to start putting borders on another quilt top before heading out to the Chartered Club Manual meeting I have every Tuesday.  

I was home again just after 5 PM, and had a quick dinner of leftover Shepard’s Pie before kissing my honey good-bye (he was off to the movies with Larry) and heading to the studio once again.  I spent a lot of time trying to wrestle my patriotic scraps into some sort of order (I made a small start) and also finished putting the borders on one of my retreat tops:  


So, that’s another thing off of my list, plus one less thing on the pool table!

When my honey came home, he thought you’d like to see the big space…just waiting for my new long arm to arrive:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.