Saturday, March 30, 2019

elephant baby quilt, Lynn & Mitch & dinner at Miro's


We were up early Friday (3/29) to get breakfast in and the blog out before leaving for our eye doctor appointments.  The nicest thing about this appointment was that our doctor went on and on about how beautiful the baby quilt I made was, and how much her son seemed fascinated with the bright colors.  That was music to my ears as out of the 4 baby quilts I made recently, that was my favorite:  



We left at 8:30 AM for the appointment and got home at 1 PM after additional stops at the COOKOUT (just for milkshakes), gas, CVS and the vet’s (for dog food).  Michael immediately left to take Cookie for a walk, and I headed to the studio to continue working on ‘stuff’.  I spent the afternoon continuing to cut up patriotic leftovers into usable strips.  We left at 5 PM and picked up Lynn & Mitch 


and headed out to MIRO’s, a tapas restaurant in Ballentyne.  Our dinner was wonderful: 

we ordered empanadas to share as an appetizer

I had the grouper with a corn/peppers/potato topping

Lynn had eggplant

Michael had a shrimp dish

while Mitch had red snapper

Michael and I shared this triple chocolate cake for dessert...it was heavenly

while Lynn & Mitch split the coconut cake


and Mitch told us a fascinating story from his time in Vietnam.  We finished up just in time to head into Charlotte to Actor’s Theatre to see THE GREAT BEYOND.  The play was EXCELLENT and we were home by 10:30 to read for a bit before bed.

2 comments:

  1. This text is worth everyone's attention. Where can I find
    out more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe all the concepts you've offered for your post.

    They're really convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are
    very brief for novices. Could you please
    extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.