Tuesday, March 26, 2019

purple hot mess quilt, SNS Martini Night


Michael was up at 6 AM (yikes!!) on Monday (3/25) for golf, while I finally staggered out at 7 AM.  I made my morning tea, got my blog out and then started contemplating my latest list.  

I have been a list maker for a long time (and by long time I’m talking childhood here)….and whenever I feel stressed (as I am a bit about making room for the new long arm and the current messiness of my studio), making a list helps me to calm down.  That way, I have it in black and white what I need to be working on.  So here’s the latest, in no particular order:

-borders on QoV – done!
-borders on QoV
-borders on QoV
        I came home from the QUAP retreat with 5 QoV quilt tops, but 3
        of them still needed borders…I’ve only finished 1 of those. 
-binding on retreat purple/teal
        The purple/teal quilt top was made at the Fiber Floozie retreat,
         and I did manage to get it quilted awhile ago, but it still needs
        binding.  And with the death of my PFAFF (my workhorse
        machine where I also did ALL of my binding), binding is a tricky 
        subject these days.
-finish zig zag top – done!
        I finished the zig zag top last week at quilting. 
-list elliptical for sale
          Part of making room in the studio for the new long arm involves
        selling our elliptical machine and I have done nothing with that
        yet. 
-clean off pool table
        Michael has no hope of playing pool right now until I do something
        about this: 


-eliminate sofa table with safe
        Part of the re-arranging involves cleaning off and then getting rid
        of this table:


-move book case
        and moving this bookcase: 


-auction quilt 2
-auction quilt 3
        And finally the second and third quilts, promised at the FMCP
        Auction at the end of January that will both be finished by
        Thursday.  So, this is what  I’ll be working on over the coming
        weeks.

I had a lot of paperwork to get through, so I decided to tackle that first while I was fresh.  I cancelled my health care spending account near the end of last year because I was very upset that they started charging $3.25 per month just to maintain it!  Just a week ago I received a letter from my health insurance company that I received $100 bonus from BC/BS, but it MUST by law be deposited in a health care spending account!  So, I’ve gotta hit the bank, get one set up, get the money deposited, move it over to our checking account, and then close down the new health care spending…..SHEESH!  Plus, I’m trying to go through all of the information on supplemental health plans that go with joining MEDICARE.  By the time I was done with various phone calls, and paying bills on-line, it was time to head to the Lake House for a meeting on the craft fairs that take place here at SCCL 3 – 4 times per year.  We had a good meeting and after a stop at the bank (to cancel the credit card associated with Quilt Devo, LLC and to open a new health care spending account and to cash a check) I was finally home after NOON.  By then I was ravenous and made a grilled cheese sandwich for brunch.  

I spent the afternoon still cleaning the studio, and I re-found a bunch of blocks.  These blocks are probably 20 years old…from when I was president of our guild in Connecticut.  People were supposed to make 9 patches, but as usual many people did not adhere to that suggestion.  Michael tried laying them out and I think they just look like a hot mess:  


He needed a few more blocks for a whole quilt, so I made up those:  


He’s going to try to re-arrange them somewhat, but I’m not sure there’s any hope to make anything really look nice or cohesive.  

I left after 6 PM for Martini Night at Pat’s:  

our hostess with the mostest!


What a wonderful evening.  She made an antipasto platter:  


and made incredible Chicago style deep dish pizza: 




with cannoli’s and cookies for deesert:  




There were beer - tinis for our first drink:



but my fabulous friend who knows I detest anything beer-like made cougartinis just for me  :~).

And Italian Wedding-tinis for our second:


Bonnie & Alice

Joyce & Ellie


Andie, Jane, Pat (in fridge) and Joyce

We played SALAD BOWL and it was a scream.  I was home by 10:30 and Michael and I collapsed into bed.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMMMM-OHHHHHH !!!!
    Pat, you need to make that pizza and antipasto for
    the floozies ! Great photos Deb... the antipasto would make a great jigsaw puzzle.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.