Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Secret Project done!!


The sky had beautiful pink & purple streaks when I took the dog out first thing Tuesday morning (11/27).  It was wonderful to see after the rain and general gloominess of the past week or so.  Michael had a quick breakfast, then headed out to WALMART and the DOLLAR STORE for a list of groceries.

My focus for Tuesday was the:  


and I was sewing on it before 9 AM.  I had previously been working on my 6 colors and the cutting that was needed, so was all ready to start sewing.  

At 1 PM I phoned Paula because I had to run to Hobby Lobby for something to go with my project…and she immediately came along to pick up some fabric.  I came home and happily stitched away for several hours, only to discover that one of the things I bought at HL was WAY too small  :~(.  My honey wanted to visit the bird store in the same shopping center, so he volunteered to go to HL and get the correct size…what a peach  :~).  

Larry picked Michael up after 6 PM to go to the movies, and by the time he got home, my secret project was done (except for one teeny tiny embellishment)!!!  You won’t have to wait forever for pictures…I promise.

So, you know my friends Janice & Dennis have sold their Connecticut home and are waiting for their home in North Carolina to be built.  In the meantime, for the next 6 months they are staying in a condo loaned to them by friends of friends (the owners go to Florida for the winter).  I’m sure it could get depressing…being excited about your new house, but not able to move into it…and staying in someone else’s house…and the long, cold, snowy Connecticut winter…..but Janice has at least created her 'happy place' for the forseeable future:


***MMR – Michael’s Movie Reviews***
OLD MAN WITH A GUN – starring Robert Redford and Sissy Spacek. 
Almost all of what is told is true (that’s the disclaimer at the start!)  Redford plays an escaped bank robber, who just can’t stop robbing banks!  He has 2 partners in crime, but the main story centers on Redford and Spacek and their relationship.  You will pull for them to survive his way of life – but the ultimate struggle is between Redford’s character and his love for the thrill of his ‘calling’.  The result becomes obvious, sadly.  Even at his age, Redford still has ‘it’!  I give it 3 fat quarters out of 5.

And the ‘forked tongue’ just keeps blathering…do rational people really believe that parents were watching where the tear gas ‘cloud’ was going to form (?) so that they could rush into it with their children?  This person will say ANYTHING to try to support HIS agenda and what HE wants people to believe:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.