Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Cheryle's quilt loaded up, lemon treats for Ellen


Sunday was a day of unpacking, laundry and recovering, but by Monday (11/19) I had my sewing priorities down:

1.    loading, basting and finishing Cheryle’s customer quilt
2.   a secret Christmas present
3.   trim, label & bind 2 fish quilts complete before I left on retreat
4.   Borders on 4 quilt tops done at retreat
5.   loading, basting and finishing a quilt for someone at Scrap Happy

My kitchen priorities include perfecting my ladylocks recipe (need to work on the dough portion) and turning 14 pounds of dark & white chocolate and various other foodstuffs into over 100 bags of food gifts!!

So, first thing in the morning I got Cheryle’s quilt loaded and basted:  

this is the seamed minky

I have the PERFECT variagated thread for this


she is using minky for the back, and I’ve only used it once, so I kept a very close eye on the quilting, meaning I wasn’t able to work on anything else.  


After that I headed to the kitchen to make Lemon Brownies.  One of my favorite librarians (Ellen) is retiring today, so I needed to get those baked, cooled and iced.  I continued quilting after baking and finally took some treats over to the library after 1 PM.  



I will really miss Ellen…not only is she very friendly and outgoing….she always gave me great book suggestions.

Michael came home from golf with an 81….and missed another hole in one by literally ONE inch  :~(.  

We got pizza from Harris Teeter for dinner and watched TV in the evening while I braided on a bead necklace.

***MMR - Michael’s Movie Reviews***

LONDON FIELDS starring Billy Bob Thornton.  Billy plays a novelist who has exchanged “flats” with an English writer.  He swaps his “Greenwich Village” apartment for an unfurnished flat in England.  The setting and time period of this movie are NOT the only confusing things.  The time is the near future and England is rioting and dystopian (why is never revealed).  Also, Billy is dying (presumably of cancer) and he is desperate to start and complete a new novel before he dies…that’s the plot.  He meets 3 people in his new digs: a crazy cockney Mr Fix It type, a rich, married (unhappily) sophisticated type, and a mysterious “femme fatale”.  And I do mean “fatale”, supposedly she can see her own demise at the hands of one of these 3 men.  Here’s where it gets even more confusing.  Billy starts his novel and it is basically describing what is going on among these 4 people.  Is it real?  Is it a drug induced dream by Billy, who is on ‘beaucoup’ pills?  Is it an hallucination?  Wait until the end to decide….I still can’t!!!  I give it 2 fat quarters out of 5. 

HUNTER KILLER – a modern day submarine thriller with the US and Russia as adversaries.  A military coup is in progress in Russia and the US is tasked with stopping it!  And guess what?  The US and Russia cooperate to get things done!  There is deep water tension, torpedoes and mines, sinking ships and daring rescues, both under the sea and on land, with a squad of Navy Seals.  The plot is predictable, but that doesn’t take away from the “fun” of seeing some of the old WWII war movies honored in this modern version.  Grab a popcorn & soda and enjoy!  I give it 3-1/2 fat quarters out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.