Sunday, November 11, 2018

customer leaf quilt finished


Michael left for golf here at SCCL Saturday morning (11/10), while I continued quilting on the leaf quilt.  By the time I left at 11 AM, it was done: 



I drove to Fort Mill Community Playhouse to try out for a musical, coming up in February….ok…let’s pause here for those of you who know me well to say “ARE YOU CRAZY????  WHAT WERE YOU THINKING????  I THOUGHT YOU WERE NEVER, EVER GOING TO DO THIS AGAIN!!!!!”   

All of those statements are true…yes, I am crazy, clearly I was NOT thinking and I’m not supposed to be doing this ever again!!!  I don’t think I will get the part, I don’t have a very projecting singing (or speaking) voice….but trying out got me out of my comfort zone and I had just been telling Michael that I felt bad I wasn’t using my voice and singing anywhere….so I went for it!  

After trying out I met with one of the board members.  There is a reading on December 1st and I told the president that I would help with the food….so I met with Denise (who’s in charge of the food for that evening) and we hashed out what we were doing.  

I did a couple of errands on the way home (including dropping off 2 Quilts of Valor to the guy from the Indian Land VFW), and talked with Paula for a bit once I got home, and finally was taking the leaf quilt off of the frame around 2:30 PM.  I got it all cleaned up 



before our dinner of baked potatoes and crab stuffed fish….yum!!!  

We had date night after that…Michael made popcorn, I loaded up another beaded necklace and we watched DOUBLE INDEMNITY…..not at all the movie I thought it was!  DI had Fred MacMurry and Barbara Stanwick; I was thinking of VERTIGO with Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak.  Oh well, neither one of us had ever seen DI and it was an interesting experience to be sure  :~).

And another insightful piece listed from JOY THE BAKER: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/11/racism-not-tribalism/575173/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.