Thursday, November 29, 2018

BEDS = DREAMS quilts, mystery quilt revealed


I just had time to get my blog out before SKYPE-ing with Janice Wednesday morning (11/28).  Michael had a frost delay for golf until 11:30 AM...so you know just how cold it was here today.  While he ate breakfast, Cookie was sitting in the sun...trying to stay warm (see her reflection in the door?  I thought that made this picture pretty cool :~):


Janice and I finished talking and I ran upstairs to scarf down the 2 ham/egg cups Anne had brought me, then ran out the door with Pat to head to Corinne’s house.  Corinne has lots and lots of fabric (mostly batik) for $5 per yard….and she just got in 18 new bags, so Pat and I headed out and met June and Floy there.  Speaking of Floy, she is the owner of the mystery quilt…she gave it to me months and months and month ago and I finally got the borders on and got it quilted, so it’s now in her car and you get to see all of the pictures:  





We had a really good time at Corinne's and I bought lots and lots of fabric (screw the spreadsheet :~), and then headed to Hobby Lobby for some necklace finishings that they don’t have in our local store.  Pat and I were starving on the way home, so we stopped at WICH WICH and both got egg salad.  We finally got home at 4 PM and I was POOPED!  I thought about taking a nap, but by the time I got around to it, my frozen honey was home, so I made up some Devo Delight and heated it up for him while we talked.  Remember this quilt: 


And this quilt: 


along with these pillow cases:  



Well, we got them all packed up to go to quilting tomorrow.  They will be donated to BEDS=DREAMS on Thursday.  While Michael took a shower I got caught up on my emails and finally around 6 PM I felt like I had some energy, so I headed to my studio and just putzed around a bit  :~). 

2 comments:

  1. Phew - secret project finally revealed! Nice! Ookievadorable and definitely a great pic! Can’t wait to see the new fabrics and what they turn into!
    Am143^_^

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.