Thursday, November 1, 2018

Quilts donated to Beds=Dreams


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!  Michael and Cookie went for a walk Wednesday morning (10/31), while I got my blog out and then SKYPE’d with Janice.  We talked a little bit longer than normal….Janice & Dennis will be closing on their old house in LESS THAN 3 WEEKS!!!  YIKES!!!  Janice has been busy packing and packing and packing….after all…the week before they have to move, she will be at the Fiber Floozie retreat!  

When I finally made it upstairs, I saw Lucy & Ethel, in one of their favorite places to chill and watch the world go by:



Anyway, with one thing and another it was about NOON when I finally got back to my studio.  Normally it takes me a bit of time to get things off of Miss Scarlett.  I unpin the bottom of the quilt from my leaders, then pull it over the rails a foot at a time.  I scan the foot to see if there are any ends that need woven in, or any basting to be ripped out, then pull another foot over.  BUT, I wanted to get the first customer quilt loaded up, so I just unpinned everything and took it off the frame, and started to load up Bev’s quilt:  


Michael and I paused in the late afternoon as we had agreed to stuff mailboxes in our neighborhood, but working together that was quickly done.  When we got home, Michael and I packed up 5 single bed quilts that I will be donating to the Beds=Dreams effort at a local church: 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one and want to do another...

the famous 'Loree' quilt


and both Vortex's.....white

and black
We both had yummy soup for dinner, then separated for a bit to watch our own programs on TV.  I finished basting Bev’s quilt 



and got the program set up and all of my bobbins wound.  I'll be able to hit the ground running when I'm in my studio again!

When I went upstairs, I loaded the last 3 strings for my next rainbow necklace….I can’t wait to get started.

Stash Report – I am thrilled to report that October was a fabulous month and I am certainly within striking distance of being in the black again!!  Once again I did not buy any fabric during the month, but I did cut/use 19-3/4 yards…although this includes everything I have cut for retreat.  Year-to-date:  I have bought 187 yards of fabric and used 184-1/4.  That is an incredible amount of fabric to be sewing up!!!!  That means I am only 2-3/4 yards in the hole!!!!!  Now, we are stopping at 1 – 2 fabric stores on the way to retreat….so there may be a bit of buying there, but I have the entire month of December to sew and get back to at least zero…wish me luck!


One of the blogs I follow had some powerful images and words: http://artwithaneedle.blogspot.com/2018/10/flag-time.html

And this makes me incredibly sad…how many generations/years will people have to be here before they become US citizens: https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/10/31/trump-constitution-doesnt-cover-birthright-citizenship/23576909/

1 comment:

  1. Can not believe I missed reading this entry until now! Where was I? This was the best entry for pics! Love, love, love all the Bed=Dreams quilts! Fun to see them all together and the impact of when they are delivered! Phenomenal work! And of course, the best pic of ‘my’ girls in the window! Love it! Can you send it to me? AM 143 ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.