Sunday, November 4, 2018

QoV moving ahead, plus labels, plus more basting


Michael left for golf here at SCCL Saturday morning (11/3) while I headed downstairs to make some quilting progress…and I think I was on fire!  I kicked off quilting on my first QoV: 


then cut some strips for binding of the second one (binding strips for first quilt already complete).  I knew I would need 2 labels to get these 2 quilts totally done, so I decided to kick off my embroidery machine as well:



Unfortunately, I had to take over an hour out of my day to go from this: 


to this:  

filling all of my embroidery bobbins

I know you’ve seen this before…but then haven’t you seen everything I’ve done before?!?!?!  After all, I do the same things day….after day….after day…..and I’m loving it  :~).  

Anyway, by then Cheryle had arrived and I headed upstairs to take in 2 customer quilts.  I continued to quilt the rest of the afternoon, and by dinnertime the first quilt was done:  



I also got the first label embroidered:  


and the binding all made:  


as well as the basting of the SECOND quilt (whoo, hoo!!):



Michael and I got cleaned up once again and headed out (picking up Anne on the way) to go to Fort Mill Theatre to both work and see the play...PANACHE.  

OMgoodness…that play was terrific…the casting was perfect and there were many, many laughs…..I’m so glad we went!  We were home before 11 PM and read for a bit before bed.

I've got some other random photos for you today...can you guess the caption on this one?:


It should be 'the oven on the morning the cleaning people are coming and we're both running out the door!!'

And, I know it's going to be over soon....but our iris and roses are still going strong:



Actually, when Cheryle came to drop off her quilts she said 'how the heck do you have an iris blooming now?'......THANKS Loree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.