Sunday, November 11, 2018

cornbread, giant cookies, June/pillowcase, butternut squash & sage butter


Michael ran out early on Sunday (11/11) to pick up a few things at the grocery store, while I got laundry started and spent the day pulling together last minute things for retreat.  I also had to make cornbread to go with my retreat dinner: 


and of course had to make some smurfy treats for my honey to feast on while I’m gone:  

giant chocolate chip cookies...his favorite

June came over around 3 PM and fixed my serger….YAY….so now I can finish up the pillowcases I cut and embroidered to go with some Beds=Dreams quilts.  Well, actually, June continued on and sewed up all 4 of my pillowcases while I continued to pack stuff up!  


We had butternut squash ravioli with sage butter for dinner, 

saute-ing squash & onions

with added mushrooms

and here are the squash filled ravioli

and then just relaxed in the evening….anticipating our great adventure!

You’ll be happy to know that I got a call at 8:30 PM from Scott…the director of the musical at Fort Mill and I did NOT get cast….YAY!!!  I’m still glad I pushed myself to try out, and I am also glad I didn’t get cast  :~).  

Tomorrow we leave at o’dark hundred for the Fiber Floozie retreat….so blog posts will be sporadic or non-existent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.