Monday, November 26, 2018

cinnamon bread, breakfast casserole


Even though it was overcast and cold Sunday morning (11/25), Michael headed out for a walk with Cookie while I got bread dough made and set to rise.  We haven't had homemade bread in the house since before retreat.  I figured you were tired of seeing the regular old bread pics, so I thought I'd document something new:  




When he got home we both lounged around in the living room, reading the paper in front of the fire and eventually taking short naps….what a wonderful last day of the Thanksgiving weekend.  

Eventually Michael made his way outside again to get our Christmas lights set up, while I headed downstairs to continue to work on the quilt.  I got a few rows done and was back upstairs to keep the bread moving.  I talked to Michael about it and decided to make one loaf be cinnamon bread….

fully risen dough, ready to go

rolled out into a long rectangle with melted butter on top

add cinnamon/sugar

yum!!!  Michael said it was FABULOUS!!



but we made 2 ‘halves’ out of the other plain loaf and I delivered a half to Mary Jo…the woman who has been so very helpful with my beading/braiding.  

Paula came by for a visit and we got to talk for a bit so that was nice, and eventually I found myself back downstairs, working away.  I was over 1/2 way done with the quilting by the time I headed upstairs.  I needed to do a bit of work on a breakfast casserole, so I blanched broccoli, broke up some feta cheese and sliced up some ham 





and then got everything in the fridge before settling in to beading and watching TV with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.