Saturday, February 17, 2018

bread!, new quilt cut, customer quilt loading started

I got laundry going on Friday morning (2/16) and threw together dough for sandwich bread while Michael ran to the grocery store.  After breakfast he set off on errands (pet store, ALDI’s, LOWE’s, Publix, CVS) while I headed downstairs.  I did manage to get my vacuuming done before heading back upstairs.  I always vacuum before loading a customer quilt to minimize any thread that might be picked up from my own sewing area.   By then Michael was home to tell me that he noticed the sticker on our license plate had expired!!!  A half an hour and several phone calls later I found out I had to take over an hour out of my day to drive to Lancaster to pay my car taxes to get a new sticker.  Both of us agreed that we never saw the tax bill!!  I think this is the second time it has happened.  Michael got the bread baked while I was on the road to Lancaster:














and we ran the extra 1/2 loaf down to Paula & Doug.  She said she had homemade pimento cheese and they'd probably use the bread to have sandwiches for dinner  :~).  What with one thing and another, it was 2:30 before I got back downstairs to start loading up Mary Ann’s Quilt of Valor.  


I got the backing and batting on, but one of the borders on the top seemed very tight, so I decided to let it relax in my clamps until Saturday.  I got another quilt cut for retreat:


I was on retreat for 5 days last time and got 5 quilt tops done.  We are going for 6 days this time and I want to make sure I don't run out of projects  :~).  The rest of the afternoon was spent trying to work out the directions for a new patriotic quilt.  I worked on that until dinner when Michael and I had fish sandwiches from ARBY’s and then he left for the opening night of FOUR WEDDINGS & AN ELVIS!!!  I worked on some HST for BLACK VORTEX while he was gone:  


He wasn’t home until after 11 PM, so it was another very late night for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.