Monday, February 19, 2018

new patriotic blocks done, AJ at 11 months

Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (2/18), while I got my emails read and my blog done while trying to wake up!  At this point I’m definitely planning to take a nap while Michael is at the matinee  :~).  He made us a pan full of eggs for breakfast (while our babies were basking in the sun): 


then took a shower, loaded up the car and headed off for the matinee.  I read my book for a bit (THE MIRROR CRACKED) before finally rousing myself to head down to my studio.  I got a few blocks done on the new quilt pattern (thx MJ – I LOVE it!!) 


before Paula came down at 3 PM.  She brought down a quilt for me to quilt, and we talked and talked and talked until 5:30!!!  It was wonderful.  Michael came home within minutes of her leaving and said it was another wonderful performance.  We had crab stuffed fish, baked potatoes and green beans for dinner before he retired to watch a bit of golf, and I headed downstairs to finish more blocks.  By the time I went upstairs at 10 PM, all of the blocks were done:  




I love this pattern, but I had a lot of leftover fabric in my strata….so I’m going to see if I can use that as a border.

BG is doing a class in Connecticut and her wall hanging is so very beautiful I just had to share (she's crazy about hummingbirds):


And get ready for 11 months of cuteness:






1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.