Saturday, February 3, 2018

men's #3 started, Cookie & Elsie

I was slow moving on Friday morning (2/2) due to the fall and it definitely affected my typing speed as those fingers on my left hand didn’t really want to move, but eventually I got going.  My second toe is a beautiful shade of dark purple….I wanted to take a picture and put it in the blog but Michael said NO  :~).

First up was loading up the last men’s quilt:  


I finally decided that I could make it to the end….we’ll see  :~).  I was still able to make 2 passes on quilt #2 before I had to advance the quilt….so I’m hoping that by the end of #3 even if I have to go to one pass and then advance, I’ll just suck it up and as Miss Nancy (knitting teacher) would say just ‘make it work’!  Michael came down to run his emails, so of course Cookie had to be near him…..and she was eventually joined by Elsie:  














Once I got the quilt basted, 


I laid out the blocks I cut the other night….and waited until after Michael tweaked the placement so that we were both happy with how it looked:  


I was supposed to put pinwheels in the corners of the blocks, but I just don’t feel like it….so I’m going to turn it into a pieced out quilt (just snowball corners) and call it good.  I’ve found 2 other quilts I am hot to do….plus BG COMES TOMORROW and we will be busy on another project the entire time she is here.  I ran out to get fish sandwiches from ARBY’s for dinner and at 6:30 we headed into Charlotte for Actor’s Theatre.  The play is THE LUCKIEST PEOPLE and the write-up was:

When his elderly father, Oscar, proposes moving in with him, Richard, happily settled with his partner David, is less than enthusiastic about the idea. Unbeknownst to Oscar, an adopted son will soon be occupying the spare bedroom in Richard and David's beachside condo. Years of unspoken hostilities and resentments are unleashed, spiraling the men into a vicious game of finger pointing. Tensions reach a breaking point when Oscar's growing suspicions over the circumstances of his wife's death lead him to make a startling accusation against his son.

This play was wonderfully done, but at times was hard to watch.  There were times it definitely reminded me of my father…..we both enjoyed it and got home around 11 PM after talking with the actors for a bit…and we proceeded to read until mid-night when we collapsed into bed. 


I keep forgetting to include this picture.  My friend Mary Jo is in a round robin block exchange…and I just loved the colors on the blocks she made last month...


I love yellow & gray together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.