Sunday, February 11, 2018

Happy Birthday to Michael!

We were both up early Saturday morning (2/10); Michael to get ready for golf and me to make 60 desserts.  I was working before 8 AM and by NOON they were all done (and yes, I had company while I was baking away in the kitchen):  














I made 30 individual sour cream oreo cheesecakes 


and 60 baklava cookies:  


Harry came by to pick them up for delivery to Fort Mill Playhouse, thereby saving me a trip for which I was very grateful.  I spent a bit of time cleaning the kitchen, then plopped down in the living room with my feet up to do a bit of reading (4:50 from Paddington).  Michael came home after 2 PM and he was thrilled with his score….83.  He opened all of his birthday presents (the sweatshirts were what I was embroidering at Pat's WEEKS ago), 





and then we both sat and read until 3:30 when I felt I had my energy back and hopped up to make his birthday cake.  That took a bit of time, but eventually after dinner we opened some champagne, had some cake and settled in to relax.  



















Michael said it was a wonderful day all around!


BTW – while we were dealing with cold temperatures and gloomy weather….Pat was hanging around the infinity pool in Florida having a wonderful time with friends:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.