Saturday, February 24, 2018

breakfast at IHOP with Paula

I ran out to the dark lanair very early Friday morning (2/23) and snuggled under a quilt (it was in the low 50’s) to watch the day awaken and listen to the birds singing their morning songs.  Elsie came out to join me, and stayed there: 


even when I came inside to get dressed and start my day.  I got my blog out before Paula 


picked me up at 9 AM for breakfast.  We went to IHOP




and talked and talked and talked and talked….it was wonderful  :~).  We stopped at WALMART for groceries on the way home, and I came home at 11:30 AM, just as Michael was leaving for errands (Publix for bird seed, CVS, Harris Teeter).  I had a few housekeeping details to take care of, then joined Michael when he got home on the lanair, both of us reading our books….I’m on the last of the Miss Marple mysteries  :~(.  We had WENDY’s fish sandwiches for dinner…they are a distant second with ARBY’s still at the top….but I believe everyone builds these sandwiches incorrectly.  In case you don’t know…I am SUPER picky about my sandwiches.  So, I think most of the fast food places take a naked bottom bun, place the fish on it, then layer on cheese, lettuce, tomato and then the tartar sauce….WRONG!!!  The order should be: naked bun, TARTAR SAUCE, fish, lettuce, tomato, top bun!  There, I have spoken…make it so  :~).  

Michael left at 5:30 for the third to last performance, and I spent the evening downstairs, finishing up cutting the last set of fabric I believe I need for retreat:


1 comment:

  1. I have been rewatching the Miss Marple mysteries from PBS over the past week. I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.