Tuesday, February 13, 2018

2 Prayers & Squares quilts totally finished!

Monday (2/12) was a good day for me, but not so much for Michael as he cancelled his golf.  We’ve had too much rain for the last several days, plus it’s the beginning of H_LL week for the play, so he knew he’d be tired.  We were supposed to have breakfast at Sally’s, and I was going to do the new flavor profile on Susie’s almond bars, but Sally picked up some kind of bug, so that was cancelled.  Instead I had a wonderful piece of quiche for breakfast before heading to my studio.  First up was creating a label and finishing the binding on the men’s quilt:  














(I’ll stitch down the label during TV tonight).  Next I got the second quilt off of the frame, got the basting all ripped out, bobbin ends sewn in and trimmed the quilt before starting binding (and another label) on that.  Michael left for rehearsal at 6 PM and Jan came over a bit later to watch the THIS IS US episode that aired after the Super Bowl.  She had taped a bit extra, but not enough to see the end, so I saved it for her.  We got to talk for a bit before she went home at 9 PM.  By the time Michael came home (just after 10 PM), I had the second men’s quilt finished….YAY!!  


Two down and only one to go!  Remember, these will be donated to the church for our 'Prayers & Squares' quilts which are given out to sick people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.