Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Sweet & Savory, show and tell at Machine Embroidery

I know we went to bed a bit earlier Sunday night, but I still don’t know how Michael hopped up just after 6 AM on Monday (2/19) for golf!!!  I was moving VERY slowly and when I went back upstairs to leave for Sweet & Savory, this was happening:















They had a Mexican program for S&S and it was DELICIOUS!!!  The demonstrators did a great job: 

Cynthia did this incredible looking and tasting cake



Paula did Mexican fudge, which had nothing what-so-ever to do with dessert!

Chirstine did filled enchilada type things

and the food was excellent:  

I didn't get a picture of Kathy, but she did Mexican meatballs



I headed home after it was over and after Pat dropped off her guest, she came over to talk until it was time for MACHNE EMBROIDERY at 1 PM.  Joyce (president) had set a challenge on embroidering on a sweater, and several people took her up on it:  









The more finely knit, denser sweaters seemed to work the best.  I am irritated with myself that I never got a picture of Joyce's sweater, which had a beautiful design on it from Urban Threads.  

We had several discussions about what to focus on during this year, until finally it was time for show and tell:  

Cathy was her usual productive self!














I guess reading pillows are all the rage now....
















































Jeanette was inspired by the sewing pictures Pat has in her studio, so Jeanette did one of her own:



Barbara is still working on her grandaughter's embroidered quilt, but in the meantime she is also knitting for Clinton:


Pat started a medallion quilt and has completed the center:


And another reading pillow, but this time from Joyce:


Michael had a late lunch on the way home from golf, so he wasn’t interested in dinner.  I decided to take a chance and called Joanne & Larry to see if they were going out for Mexican food (sometimes they call and invite me to go with them for dinner).  Joanne graciously called me back to invite me to their house for dinner…she was making Taco Pie.  I headed on down there and it was YUMMY!  Michael and I were both dragging during the evening and didn’t get much done before we fell into bed…early again!

1 comment:

  1. Paula is a Hoot !!! thanks for sharing the photos ! Looked like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.