Wednesday, February 21, 2018

weaving get together, patriotic moving along

Michael and I were up and out of the house early on Tuesday (2/20).  We stopped at BO JANGLES to pick up breakfast on our way up to Joann’s.  Traffic was horrible….probably due to fog.  I ordered 8 yards of dark blue fleece and 6 yards came in, so I ran up to get it for a special project…hopefully you will see it by the end of March.  We hit the chiro on the way home, and met the costumer for Fort Mill Theatre to pick up a t-shirt that needs to be embroidered.  We were finally home before 11 and it took me quite awhile to get my blog entry out.  Michael left for a routine doctor’s appointment before NOON (get this....one of the things the doctor said to him during his appointment was 'don't lose any more weight'!!!!!!  He said Michael is at a good weight for his height and to not lose any more......who says that!?!??!?!) and I left before 1 PM for a weaving meeting.  The regulars were there (Kathy, Rosalie, Pam) and I met Jan for the first time (isn’t her hair stunning?):    


And Pam was excited to have won a BLUE RIBBON at the Carolina Alpaca Celebration for her alpaca yarn (spun from hand dyed roving and then plied):  


Jan, Rosalie and Pam were all spinning in the afternoon, Kathy was weaving and I took knitting.  It was a delightful time…I am glad to have the opportunity to get to know these women.  Michael and I had pizza for dinner (although we are afraid our favorite Tuesday night joint…Figaro’s…has closed...Michael had to run to MARCO's) and I did manage to rouse myself for a bit after dinner and got the skinny inner border done on my latest quilt:  


After that I joined Michael to watch some TV and got another set of HST done for BLACK VORTEX:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.