Friday, February 2, 2018

Show and Tell at Scrap Happy Quilters

Thank goodness for Show and Tell at quilting on Thursday (2/2) or I would hardly have any pictures at all!  I got up early to make roll dough before leaving the house at 9 AM and when I came back upstairs after doing my blog…it was snuggle time:  














I had a wonderful time at quilting as I got to start a new project!!!  It will be another patriotic quilt and I can’t wait to get it done.  We had a luncheon of soups/salads/breads/desserts, and lots of lovely show and tell:  






I hit the library on the way home and then stopped to get my hair done.  I didn’t get home until 4:30 PM and Michael was already starving, so we ordered Chinese for dinner.  I read my book until 8:30 PM (A MURDER IS ANNOUNCED), then joined Michael for some TV watching.  I had an unfortunate incident later in the evening….we have an elderly cat who has a lot of digestive upsets and sometimes it’s hard to keep up with spot removal  :~).  I made a pit stop in the bathroom after watching TV for a bit and on the way back to the media room I tripped over a book that was weighing down some cleaning solution on the bedroom rug.  What’s the upshot of this?  This morning I am having a lot of trouble walking because 2 toes on my right foot don’t want to bend (the 2 toes that kicked the heavy book)…and it’s a good thing I have quilting to be done today because I don’t think my left hand could hold down a ruler for any cutting (I guess I put out that hand and those fingers to break my fall).  My head hit the wall, but I don’t seem to have any ill effects from that.  All in all for a fall, I think I came off incredibly lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Deb! Sorry about your stumble - glad you didn’t break anything - that is so easy to do! I fell in a parking lot after Christmas and landed on my wrist and knee. I made a big joke out of it, but I think I actually gave myself a “green stick” break of my wrist - it has been “weak” and is just now starting to get better. (I know, I should have gone to the doctor but if he put me ain a cast there would be no water aerobics, sewing, exerci, etc. for weeks...and it really wasn’t too sore...) I also took badly cut and bruised my knee and that has just healed this week...it is so easy to take a tumble!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.