Friday, February 23, 2018

L-patriotic top finished, butternut ravioli tutorial

Michael took off for golf here at SCCL on Thursday (2/22) while I packed up the car for quilting.  I actually had time before leaving to get the last 2 borders on my quilt:  


I am in love with this newest design and want to make another one right away. 


I didn’t even take my machine to quilting as I had to hand sew 3 Prayers & Squares labels on the 3 men’s quilts I took in last week…and (thanks to BG) I know how slow I am  :~).  We had some good show and tell:  

Mary Ann made a prayer quilt for a friend who is having some serious health problems:


Mary used up some leftover 1/2 square triangles:


Even though Loree is holding it, this is Jerri L's Quilt of Valor which may be given to one of our veterans at our luncheon in November.


June is continuing to use teeny, tiny scraps to make beautiful things:


Linda finished the top for a table runner that would look pretty in my house :~):


I got home at 1:30 after a stop at the library and I was right….hand sewing those silly labels took me all morning (I’m sure it had NOTHING to do with the fact that people talked to me a lot  :~).  I haven’t cut anything for retreat in awhile, so I fired up the long arm and while it was stitching out a few rows, I had time to cut another quilt 


It will be like the one at the top of this post….but I hope to make the blue squares travel in the opposite diagonal direction…from the bottom left to the top right.  I had stopped at the grocery store on my way to quilting to pick up a couple of zucchini and a yellow squash because I wanted to make butternut ravioli for dinner.  Here’s the tutorial (just for you Linda  :~):  

I put equal amounts of sage butter & olive oil in the pan before adding chopped onions

after a bit, add in some sliced mushrooms

after another bit, add in diced zucchini & yellow squash

add in the cooked butternut ravioli

stir around with a bit more sage butter and some chopped sage from the garden

voila....yummy!!

I headed back to my studio for a bit after dinner and started cutting another quilt cut for retreat.  When this one is done I think I have more than enough projects ready….now I just need to concentrate on FOOD!  

Michael and I watched TV for just a bit, and then for the first time this year:  


we lit our candles and sat on the lanair, talking and listening to the night.  It was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.