Thursday, February 8, 2018

BG back to CT, celery, 'clean up on aisle 5'

BG got all packed up Wednesday morning and we headed to the airport  
:~(.  


It was a fabulous visit, but as always…way too short!  

I hit WALMART on the way home to buy groceries for the 120 desserts I volunteered to provide for 2 events at the playhouse over the next week.  PLUS…I wandered down to the garden department and the seeds are out!!!  I bought several (many?) and put a big note in my calendar to start them indoors at the beginning of March...I can't wait!  Speaking of growing things…you need to see my celery:  


















I think it is less important to me that it ever gets planted outside and more important just to watch it grow.  Doesn’t it look like the perfect, little bonsai tree?  When I got home I tried to do a few things…but I was so tired I took a quilt and Cookie and I had a wonderful nap on the lanair…listening to the rain.  I finally got the minutes sent out for Thursday quilting….WAY late, but too bad because I wasn’t taking time away from BG.  Michael left at 6 PM for rehearsal and after that I started to clean up my studio…it was a MESS as BG and I needed lots of room for our project and I just started throwing stuff everywhere to get it out of the way  :~).  It took me a bit of time, but I went from this: 














to this:  














After I got cleaned up, Janice and I SKYPE’d for 1-1/2 hours and I spent the rest of the evening getting my blocks and rows sewn together for the newest Clinton top (I just need a border and it will be done):  


Michael got home at 10 PM and we watched a bit of TV before bed.

            ****** MMR ******

12 STRONG re-enacts the true story of the first military action in Afghanistan against the Taliban after 9/11.  It’s a brutal retelling showing much action and bloodshed.  Twelve men team up with an Afghani military unit to wipe out their common enemy.  Graphically told, it is an amazing story of bravery!  3-1/2 fat quarters out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.