Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Welcome to Connecticut!!!


Michael and I were up at o'dark hundred on Tuesday (2/28)  to pick up Jan and head off to the airport.  Did I mention that Jan and I are flying up and back together?  She got picked up by her daughter-in-law Angelica and headed off to Boston, while BG picked me up
 
and we headed off to Colchester (after a stop to get Paczki's and Russian pumpernickel bread....YUM!) 
 
 
We had a quick lunch and were both sewing by 1 PM.  Well....I say sewing but I did not have an auspicious start.  I started a quilt last year in CT and left it here because I knew there was no way I could get it together by using 2 different machines.  When you are making actual blocks in a quilt, and they are of slightly different sizes, you can certainly "encourage" them to fit together.  But I was putting together 2'' by 3'' squares of batik with NO GIVE, so there was no way I was trying that on 2 different machines.  So, BG stored it for a year and put it out for me again this year.  I started with a lot of confusion, then some ripping, a bit of sewing.....still more ripping, but I finally got back into the groove of the quilt.  Here's where we started: 
 
 
By dinnertime I had this: 
 
 
and by bedtime I had the top all together and the bottom all together.  I totally did not remember this quilt AT ALL, and was really pleased when I saw it was another rainbow one :~).  BG got all of her hidden wells blocks (for a queen sized quilt) off of her design wall and sewed into rows:
 
 
We finally collapsed into bed at 10 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.