Sunday, March 26, 2017

bed quilt blocks getting done, Cookie & Elsie, Elephant Chicken Soup

Michael was up at 7 AM for golf on Saturday (3/25) and I followed shortly afterwards, anxious to get in a good bit of sewing!  I laid out the blocks I finished on Friday: 


and continued sewing until 11 AM: 


which was a good breaking point, so I headed upstairs to finally make my Elephant Chicken soup (which I won't be serving until Sunday when it is supposed to be an overcast, chilly day).  Of course this was going on:  















And while I was making the soup of course they shifted positions:  



The soup took over an hour and I portioned it out into some for us for dinner on Sunday, some for Anne & Bryce (which I delivered while it was still warm) and some individual portions to take to quilting when I need a lunch:



I headed back to the studio to continue sewing and by dinnertime I had this (my design wall won't be big enough for the entire quilt):  


Michael and I had Chinese leftovers, then left to head to Fort Mill Theatre to work concessions with Corinne & Dennis.  We had a good time and sat and read for 1-1/2 hours after we got home at 10.

3 comments:

  1. I love how the cat and dog get along so well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, beautiful. Is that a specific pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new quilt - great colors!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.