Tuesday, March 7, 2017

a request, champagne

So....have you missed getting my blog entries in an email every day for the last few days????  Well, if the answer is yes...I have to tell you....I miss you too!  What do I mean by that?  I labor away, alone, every morning writing out my blog.  Several people have told me that they look forward to it every day, and don't like it when I go on vacation and can't post.  After they read the blog, they feel like they have had their "Debbie" fix for the day and can go about their business.  But the "Debbie" in question rarely gets a "fix" back!  It's easy to do...want to make my day?  When you receive an email blog, at the bottom of every one it says 

"You are subscribed to email updates from Food and Fiber Floozie."   

If you click on that link, it will take you to the actual blog, at the beginning of the entry you just read.  If you go to the end of the entry, there is a space for a comment.  You may type whatever you wish, maybe signing with your first name and last initial so that I know who it is.  You can then check off anonymous and prove that you are not a robot.  Trust me, getting a comment once in awhile REALLY makes my day and gives me the incentive to keep writing.  So...if you like the blog, won't you please consider leaving a comment now and again?  The comment also gets sent to my email, and I respond to each one....so if you do happen to leave a comment, and you don't hear from me, something went wrong and you can let me know that.  PLEASE don't just hit "reply" on the blog email that you get.....that just goes into cyberspace and I never see it  :~(.

*************

I had a wonderful time visiting with Janice on Friday (3/3).  She came to Colchester (BG’s house) to pick me up and we spent most of the day talking and running a few errands.  We hooked up with Mary Jo at REIN’s for our traditional Rueben sandwich (heaven on a plate!), and spent the evening getting set up for our Saturday sew-in.  At one point after we were done, Janice was playing a game on her phone and I was sitting across from her reading a quilting magazine.  She put down her phone and said “what do you want to do now”? and I said “what we’re doing right now seems delightful….I am exhausted”, so that’s how we ended the night  :~).  Fellow Fiber Floozies started showing up at 9 AM on Satuday 

Leila, Tara Janice wroking away....see all 6 machines?

and we had a wonderful day of sewing.  Janice made Italian Wedding Soup for lunch…and it was yummy!!!!  Al & Lynn stopped by for a visit and oo’ed and ahh’ed over everyone’s projects.  I headed back home with BG Saturday night, and Sunday morning we were up early to get to the Providence airport in time to meet up with Jan and head home.  Of course Michael and I had champagne 

frozen strawberries to keep it chilled

1/2 filled with Asti!!

the other 1/2...peach schnapps....yum!!

and puffy things for dinner Sunday night.  Of course I say puffy things, but Michael ended up making a grilled cheese sandwich first, which we split, and that was all I wanted for the rest of the evening.  I was so tired on Sunday that I fell asleep while watching TV with my honey.  I know that doesn’t seem all that bad….but I NEVER just fall asleep watching TV!!  He had to tell me how the program ended.  

Monday morning (3/6) he was up early for golf, and I was up early to do paperwork.  Seems like I have a mountain of it, so no sewing for me…although I did try to load up a quilt thinking it could stitch out while I was working, but I had mistakenly left my clamps open while I was in Connecticut, so my rods wouldn’t catch :~(.  Michael came home from golf and we talked for a bit before dinner.  He had Chinese leftovers for dinner, while I had a cheese and pickle sandwich (on that great Russian dark pumpernickel BG!!) and we finally settled in to watch TV before bed.

6 comments:

  1. Did the dog die, what about the cat? Can't remember the last time you blogged without animal pictures. Not that I am a super fan but it sure seems odd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deb!

    I am one of your friends who misses you when you are on a "blog vacation" and always enjoy seeing what you are quilting/cooking/or what you are in to! Sounds like you had a blast on your trip - welcome back! Diane K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so bummed when I realized we didn't get a 'group' photo with you and the CT Floozies ! It was so nice to see you and have the traditional 'sew-in' at Janices....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you aways -- and I love you got comments!!!

    Love ME

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post.
    หนังตลกฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where I linked up...but thx for the comment!

      Delete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.