Sunday, March 12, 2017

quilting finished, Jan & Pat, bread

Michael left before 9 AM for golf here at SCCL on Saturday (3/11).  I headed to the studio to get busy. First up was firing up Miss Scarlett so that my quilt could continue stitching out while I was working.  Next up…a letter to the modification committee appealing their decision on our modification request.  They turned it down (it’s too long a story to go into), but I have written my appeal letter and requested to be placed on the agenda for the HOA board meeting on the 20th.  Mary Ann stopped by to drop off a quilt, and I headed back to my studio around NOON.  I worked for another hour and my quilting is finished:  



Then I headed upstairs because we had not a crumb of bread in the house…no sandwich bread, no rolls, no muffins…nothing!  Pat called to ask if I wanted some company (while George ran to LOWE’s) and Jan stopped by shortly afterwards, so we all had a tea and ginger cookie party for a long time and it was just delightful!  
















They left as I was putting my bread in for its second rise, (they told me I had really bad timing as they were hoping for a piece of warm bread with butter) and Michael drove up just as they drove off.  He said it was a cold and windy day on the golf course…not conducive to great scores, but the company was good!  When the bread came out, 


Michael ran 1/2 a loaf down to Bill B, a really nice guy who lives on the street next to ours and who has been going through some health issues…Michael said he stuck his nose right down near the bread and gave a big inhale and said “there’s nothing like the smell of fresh, warm bread”!!!  We each had a piece of pizza before leaving for the theatre again.  We did concessions, and I raised even more $$$ for the playhouse during the 50/50 raffle than Friday night :~).  We left after intermission and got home just after 9:30.  We were both so tired we just collapsed on the couch for an hour before heading to bed.  

Well…we did head for bed, but not for long.  For some strange reason, Cookie would NOT settle down in her crate.  She kept crying and crying.  I took her out again, and tried to sleep with her in the media room…nothing doing.  Finally at 2 AM I decided I’d be a total zombie on Sunday if I didn’t get some sleep, so I penned her in the kitchen with her bed, and closed the bedroom doors and crawled back into bed.

1 comment:

  1. everyone's bundled up in their fleece ! You must have been loving the cool weather. I can smell the bread from here - YUM !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.